75100385

My son signed a lease agreement on a building to set up a business

My son signed a lease agreement on a building to set up a business with a partner, pulled out of the business but still pays half the rent on the building, now his partner is demanding half the set up cost of the business he set up in the building, there was no contract for the partnership just a contract for the building, can he do this
Thanks You
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
If there was no contract then no. If the other partner is still going ahead with the business then your son is not liable for half. Your son would be liable for 50% of the debts if the business ceased when he left as they are joint.
But if the other person is continuing then your son is not liable for half of the business debts.
Can i clarify anything for you about this today please?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.