31090051

I signed a confidentiality agreement at work as I am on secondment

I signed a confidentiality agreement at work as I am on secondment from another dept to HR .then I went to a works function last nigh with colleagues from the other dept Are any of the following a breach of confidentiality.1 Someone told me from my old section that someone had left the company/my old dept I mentioned to someone one else in that dept on that section where he used to work that it was a shame he had left. 2. A colleague said to me that she thought a particular people were being paid ex number of pounds and I said I should think that they were. 3 I said that one young man (no names mentioned) had been running his own business at 18 info gleened when talking to him. can any of this be seen as a breach of confidentiality?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
None of these would be a breach if none of the information you discussed arose from knowledge gained from your secondment. From what you say this was just office talk. For example if you were just surmising about the persons salary in your no. 2 that's fine but it would be a breach if you had the information through your job.
I hope this helps.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No3 was as a result of doing the job What can I do if this is brought up

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You didn't mention his name so there's no breach which would have any consequence.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What if it is brought up at work what do I say what do I do

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Preferably you say nothing that would incriminate you. Do you think there is likely to be a problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not sure they are very hot on it and I am not flavour of the month

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
In that case admit nothing that you don't think they can prove.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well if there other people there and they mention it is that not proving it or do I just say no comnent

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What if they interview other people and theysayni discussed it what's my best defence

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure that you have a defence if you accept that you spoke to these people. However, as I have already said, I don't think you can be in breach of an agreement if you haven't identified any particular person.
If they question you, I would not say anything until you have had the chance to let me know precisely what they are asking and what evidence they have.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK how do I speak to you directly do you have an email as I can't guarantee I will get through to you

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You just have to open a new question marked JGM ONLY and I will be there for you.