13262538

My son has just been told he is not the biological father of

My son has just been told he is not the biological father of his child after 8years, he has paid maintanence and supported his child since he was born and had regular contact with him. Even though they have been separated for at least 5years of the child's life. He was told about this through a text message showing him Dna results and the child mother has texted him now bluntly stating..MY SON...will not be coming to you again....my son and our whole family are distraught as I'm sure you can imagine.....but our main concern is that of the child we all love as a big part of our family....any help concerning this delicate matter would be greatly appreciated..my son is named on the birth certificate..up until now she has made many demands on my son regarding his child......she has even called the police on the child saying he was threatening her..(lots of different thing) all we can all think off is the child we love as a part of our family only being eight and how this has been dealt with....he was with my son every other weekend recently....as agreed by them. My son is heartbroken as you can imagine..I'm just asking for a little help as to how we can go forward with this. Many thanks carolyn (mother, grandmother )
How devastating for you all
I am sorry but I need to ask which is more important - maintaining the ocntact or dealing with the financial implications
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Maintaining the contact with him.....is the most important
Carolyn
In that area at least there may be a little comfort.
Whatever the biological facts it is clear that there is an existing close relationship between your son and the child - one that can survive the biological issues.
The priority for the court is always the best interests of the child and it is clear that the best outcome for the child is to maintain the close and loving relationship that he has with your son and indeed you as his wider family
The starting point is for your son to make an appointment with a Family mediator
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
If Mediation fails then he can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order,
Since his name is ***** ***** birth certificate he retails Parental Responsibility and is entitled to make the applictaion in any event
A final thought - did your son take part in the test? If so why was the result sent only to his ex?
If you need any further details please ask