75100385

I had a damp problem in the rented property which resulted

I had a damp problem in the rented property which resulted in mould growing on a wall in the bedroom just a month after i started my tenancy. I was told by the landlord to wipe it off with a cloth and open curtains and ventilation shaft every morning. So i did. After several months in april i have discovered another mouldy wall behind an empty TV box in a cupboard/storage room. After 3-4 weeks The landlord fixed the problem by painting the mouldy walls and installing a ventilation shaft into the cupboard. But now he sent me an email saying that they will forward the cost of repair onto me, saying that their request to open the curtains and windows was ignored. The argument being that the painter said the mould grew due to improper heating/ventilation during winter. I have been heating all winter and opening the curtains and windows almost everyday.On top of that one of the mouldy walls is located within a cupboard behind close doors where there is no heater. What are my rights on the subject and how can i defend against the charges they impose (married couple) on me?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you want to achieve? The cost? How much are they claiming?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The bill didnt come true yet. Its still very fresh as i got email with their intention just a couple of hours ago. Basically i just want to avoid being charged.

Ok. its not your fault. You are NOT liable. You informed them of the problem and they did nothing. If anything THEY are liable to YOU!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes please, would you please elaborate on what does it mean when someone is Liable to another? in this matter to me?

The Landlord must keep the property in a good state of repair. Therefore you are not liable in that respect.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.