13262538

Does a residuary beneficiary have a legal right to see

Hi Does a residuary beneficiary have a legal right to see the return of estate information ? We are more than six months on from gaining the grant of representation and close to tying everything up .
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

As a residuary beneficiary, you are entitled to see the Estate accounts, which are prepared once the Estate has been administered, showing the assets and liabilities, and how your percentage share in the Estate has been arrived at.

I hope this assists but please let me know if you require any further information.

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You have not really answered my question, I am aware that the residuary beneficiary is entitled to see the estate accts. which are currently being prepared. The return of Estate form submitted to the Probate office is what I am talking about, does he have the legal right to see that, I am happy to let him have a copy of the Grant of Representation but not the return of estate information .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You have not replied to my question, is he entitled by law to see the return of estate information submitted to the private office over 6 months ago
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
No he has no actual entitlement to see that form
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.