Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Buying a house where the boiler hasn't been serviced

Buying a house where the boiler hasn`t been serviced for 2 years, or more. Does the seller have to have it serviced and provide a certificate?
Regards, Peter
Lancaster, UK
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I'm afraid that the Seller is under no duty whatsoever to get the Boiler serviced- as with everything in the property, you take the property as it is and it is up to a Buyer to carry out inspections/surveys as they deem necessary.

Having said that, a lot of Sellers will agree to get the Boiler serviced before Contracts are exchanged, if it has not been done in the last 12 months,to keep the Buyer happy.

I therefore suggest you make a request to the Agents or via your Solicitor and see what reaction you get.

I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards

Al