12826847

Can motoring offences activate a suspended sentence eg.failing

Customer Question

can motoring offences activate a suspended sentence eg.failing to report a accident or driving with no insurance
Failing to report could because it carries custody but that won't happen.
It will all disappear into driving without due care and anyway the Court is not going to activate a suspended sentence for a dissimilar offence that is basically a road traffic matter.
Please don't worry. It won't happen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
why do you think it wont happen isnt it a criminal offence and im a new driver if i get more than 6 points i will lose my licence and have to retake both my theory and practical test will i get more than 6 points
Well, really as I said on your other post.
It will all disappear into a driving without due care if anything at all.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do people be summonsed for traffic offences eg.failing to report/stop in a accident or will the police want to interview or maybe arrestt the person,or is that only in serious hit and runs or serious fail to stop matters
No, they could summons for minor offences.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so for minor offences that require summons police dont usually knock on the persons door and does the summons get delivered by post or by a police officer.
As I have said really, they may invite you for interview or they may summons you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is inviting me to a interview mean arresting me as in putting me in handcuffs or just a short interview whenever im free....
Like I have said, these offences do not carry arrest.
They will summons you for interview maybe and if you don't go summons you to court.