12826847

I defaulted on a second charge loan which was

Customer Question

I defaulted on a second charge loan for 75k which was used for debt consolidation and home improvements. Barclays subsequently to me to court in oct 2006. I have been paying half of the original monthly amount for 10 years and thought the debt had reduced to 47k I have not heard from Barclays since it went to court. I'm not selling my property and paying the debt back in full but they have issued interest charges with the debt now amounting to 96k I have not received any statements from the bank in 10 years
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What rate of interest did the judge allow at the hearing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We thought the interest would stop following our judgement, I remember leaving the court with this impression but don't have anything to prove it.

The judgement paperwork does not say anything about interest.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just noticed in my original question toy you, it should have read, I am selling my property, hence clearing the debt from my equity!

What do the terms and conditions of mortgage say about further interest becoming due?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm just waiting for a copy of the original loan agreement to arrive likely tomorrow, will come back with the answer if that's ok :-)
Ok