12826847

Its over 1 year ago we moved house, and our old landlord

Customer Question

Its over 1 year ago we moved house, and our old landlord letting agent never responded in the 2 weeks of the agreement to produce any infomation regarding the deposit, not even a phone call. I have left messages and spoken to them over the phone but nothing, they dont call back. what are my right now its over 1 year.

I would like to know if I can take this to the small claim cort to get my deposit back.

We rented the property in Augsut 2004 until Demcember 2013, Also had asked them let let me check that the agreed work had been to a standard I was happy paying for out of my Deposit and they had agreed to this as I was paying for the work that was agrred to be done.

None of this ever came to light. the last conversation I had they told me they had came to the new property we are renting now and hand posted the agreement. he gave me the answer that it was in the 2 week period and as I never responed, they countiued anyway. The fact I was off work with a neck problem in the time he mentioned I know they never hand delivered anything.

Have we left this to late to claim as I really feel let down by these poeple and Im very temped to speak to the landlord directly. not the agentand tell them how they have been handling things and I also know of other now that had the same kind of issues with them.