75100385

We stay in Wembley. The house next door has been rented to

Customer Question

We stay in Wembley. The house next door has been rented to some Romanians who are using the garden as a dumpyard with jerry cans, wheel barrows, ladders, large strips of wood, rusted iron trunks, furniture, 3 mattresses, a total of ten tyres etc etc. When we reported the matter to Brent Council they told us that the garden was a private area. However, they would 'educate' the tenants with regard to the rubbish in the front of the house. Everyday, more and more rubbish is being dumped there and the gardener has seen large rats running around the back of our garden! They cannot speak English and so it is a waste of time telling them anything. We do not have the landlady's phone no. to make a complaint to her. Your advice desperately needed please. Jerry XXXXX

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you complained to the Council please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI ALEX

I HV REPLIED TO YOU AT THE***@******.***. EMAIL ADDRESS.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex

Yes, we contacted Brent Council over the phone and even got a reference no. from them. But, we were told that since the garden is a private property, they could not help. With regard to the front, they would 'educate' the Romanian tenants!

Jerry

Ok. You need to do a search at the Land Registry. This is £6 and you can do this at:
eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/wps/portal/Property_Search
Once you have this document you will see who the owner is and where they live,. You can then write to the owner and ask them to do something about it. There will be a clause in their tenancy which says that the tenants must not cause annoyance or nuisance to the neighbours. Therefore the Landlord can take action.
But get the details from the Land Registry as the first step.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPONSE. YES, WE HV CONTACTED BRENT COUNCIL BUT THEY SAY THAT SINCE IT IS HAPPENING IN THE GARDEN AREA, IT IS A PRIVATE MATTER SINCE IT IS PRIVATE LAND.

Yes but contact the landlord through the land registry.
But the council can do something, if you say you have seen rats then then must take action under the control of pests act.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.