75100385

I held a meeting at my house to discuss planning a business

I held a meeting at my house to discuss planning a business a ltd company name had been set up trading had not started
one person fell over and broke her leg on my property when leaving dec 7
I have received a letter from a solicitor asking for my company insurance details claiming a personal injury whilst attending a business meeting at my property
no insurance is in place as we had not even started
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Why was this person at your house? Were they an employee?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

at the time of the meeting this person was not an employee she might of been an assessor when we started training

So there was no business at this stage? Do you have home insurance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have home and contents insurance but the letter is asking for the company insurance details

my home insurance would not cover a business meeting

Was this an interview?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we are setting up a training school she was to be an assessor the meetings were at a planning stage unpaid before the company had started trading

Do you have business insurance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no we had not set up the business insurance at that time as we had not lunched or started trading

Ok. On what basis are they saying you were negligent?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The solicitors letter states that we had requested her to attend a business meeting at our house where she had an accident and to forward our company insurance details

these meetings were very informal setting out a structure for the business we were setting up

Ok. You should write back and set out your position, she was invited as a visitor and it was not as a business. Therefore you can write and say that you are not insured as it was not a business transaction.
They will then either need to not continue with the claim or say how YOU were negligent.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.