13262538

Restraining Order query

Customer Question

Hello, I have a restraining order which prevents me from contacting my ex-partner in person, by post, in email or via social media. I have also been told that I am not allowed to discuss anything about our recent family law court hearing. I wish to share details of the abuse I suffered during the relationship with my ex and have written a short blog. The blog doesn't name my ex, or refer to family court proceedings at all. It is purely about my personal experience during our time together. If I post the blog will I be breaking the restraining order? Thank you.

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Frankly there is every chance that this WILL be seen as a breach of the Order and posting the blog would be a major risk
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare, thanks for your reply.

I appreciate that it may be a risk, hence my asking you, but why?

The order says I must not communicate with her, which, by posting on a blog - I am not. I am really keen to share what I have written, is there anyway I can do this without breaching the Order?

Would it help if I sent you a copy of the blog post and a copy of the Order?

Thanks,

Adam

The argument that would be used is that the fact that the blog is public, means that you were in fact trying to ensure that it woudl come to her attention
Whilst you could defend that the publication would allow her to obtain a non molestation injunction as well as the current order.
You could consider sharing what you have written by way of a drop box giving access to your friends and family. It runs the line close - but since it is not available to everyone it is not the same a publishing the matter freely
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the additional detail Clare. I think it's probably best to wait until the Order expires before posting anything. It's so hard, no one wants to listen to my side of the story. I don't feel that there is anywhere left to turn. Thanks again, Adam

I can see how frustrating this is for you - but I have to say I agree that waiting is the netter option