13262538

My son has been denied access to his son sin Dec 2013, with

Hi my son has been denied access to his son sin Dec 2013, with no good reason, he has sent contact centre forms 4 times but his ex has not returned her ones so they can't organise anything, he has applied via court 1st returned not known at this addreess and then a trace was done he is now waiting for a court date, but does not have the means to pay for legal representation so he is scared, because he is finding it very emotional, also this weekend his ex rang to say that his son had been in a RTA but not serious so we started to travel to the hospital where she claimed he was and the she rang and said he had been discharged and gave a barrage of verbal abuse that he didn't care, this hospital is not our local one, however when i phoned the hospital and another local to us there was no record of anyone with his sons name or date of birth having gone into any A and E department or any wards in these hospitals, what can he do, he is named on the birth certificate please help he will be 3 years old this year and we havent seen him since he was 15 months old
will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When was the paperwork accepted by the court?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sept 2014, also they took longer because the first form was sent back not known at this address, and then a trace, and on top of that the family court moved and this caused more delay, but my son is now waiting for a court date

hope this helps

That is a long time.
Which court is involved and has he called them about a court date?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was Cambridge county court but family cases are now being dealt with at Peterborough and yes he has phoned them still waiting due to administration errors

the law says that a child is entitled to ocntact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
Your son has done everything properly - it is the process that has let him down - however he will eventually gain contact with his son.
however it is important that he is realistic about how ocntact will begin - and he shoudl start by suggesting that Contact takes place at a Local Contact centre
www.familymediatioehlpline.co,uk
I appreciate that this seems unfair - but the focus need sto be on the needs of the child - and the relationship between them will have to be rebuilt.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details