75100385

XXXXX XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Customer Question

XXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
I have been addicted to online gambling and have lost more than GBP30000. Under the gaming contract, it states that if the name registered on my debit card does not exactly match my registered account name, my account would have been immediately suspended. However, my account was not suspended, I was wondering whether on this ground, I could argue that had my account been suspended, the losses could have been avoided, if so what is the likelihood of gaining my money back?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know which country the casino is based in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is based in London, United kingdom
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/