75100385

I have an High Court order served against an individual

I have an High Court order served against an individual £2,000.00 + he had relocated was found and the High Court was served. He claims he has no money no assets and is in rented accomodation. Subsequently he has moved and at present can not be located. This man has history and has always said in the past that he has money in Cyprus and also the Revenue had raided his house and taken away cash to the value of £1,000,000 not to be returned until he could provide evidence of how he had acquired this amount. My question is as we (the courts' representatives) are making no progress am I entitled to request the court for disclosure? of the account in Cyprus nd the Revenue involment. If he has money in Cyprus or being held by the revenue is there a way to get payment from these assetts? your response would be much appreciated as I have no experience of these matters I am 76 and retired and £2,000.00 is a lot of money to me. Regards ***** *****

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
When you say High Court order do you mean you have a County Court judgment which you are enforcing through the High Court? Has the order been given to a Sherriff/Enforcement Officer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

"For Alice H"

The awnser to your question is yes, County Court judgement then went to High Court and then a Sherriff/Enforcement Officer has contacted and visited the person who consequently has now moved to an unknown address

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

correct

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You would need to get a court order in Cyprus following the UK judgment for sums due and enforce there. There is a treaty for dual enforcement so all you need to do is transfer the claim there and get it enforced.
The process of how to do it and enforcement there and their procedure I can't help with as a UK lawyer.
But you can enforce it there.
Can I clairify anything for you about this today please ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Alaex

Thank you for your response re Cyprus what about the other element the money HRMC removed from his home some time ago and has retained until he can demonstrate how he came to have that amount in his home?

David

Yes hmrc have that power sadly.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience