12826847

My sister arranged and paid prepayment funeral plan when

Customer Question

My sister arranged and paid for a prepayment funeral plan when she lived in Derbyshire. She has now moved to a care home in Woking, Surrey to be near me. She suffers from dementia and is unable to manage her affairs. I have a copy of her funeral plan contract and have been in touch with the company to advise her change of address. Although I have pointed out to the funeral company that the contract states that it includes "removal from place of death to the funeral directors premises during normal working hours" the company are now saying they will make extra charges for removing the body up to Derbyshire (where the funeral is to take place). This is despite the fact that their accompanying letter states "payment....guarantees that no additional charge would be levied to meet the costs of items that that been prepaid". I would appreciate your advice on how I can further challenge them. Surely they have a legal duty to provide the full service as there was no mention of any restriction of distance involved for removal of body from place of death.I would appreciate your advice.
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. Do you have a copy of or a link to their policy wording please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have their original letter and Invoice/Receipt listing "The Bespoke Plan".

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. If this includes the policy wording that would be ideal. Are you able to forward it to me? - please note this thread is not secure so please be cautious if the correspondence contains personal information. If this is the case and you prefer it is possible to forward it to me by private email instead though the site makes a small addtional charge for this of around £2-3 because it treats it as an additional service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am unable to forward it to you so think it best if I stop this enquiry now. Please confirm I shall not be charged.

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
No problem. I am sorry I was not able to help you this time. Please do come back in the future if we can assist with anything else or you are able to forward the above documents.Customer services can assist you with a refund using the following link:http://ww2.justanswer.co.uk/en-gb/help/how-can-i-request-refund Best wishes