12826847

I owned a property with my mother on a mortgage. Due to pers

Customer Question

I owned a property with my mother on a mortgage. Due to pers circ I was signed off work and was on suicide watch. During this time I was not able to pay the mortgage . My Mother said that she would pay all of the mortgage if I signed over my share of the propery to her which I did. I was on medication then and not wanting to live so didnt really care what happened in the future. I continued to live at the property paying rent to my mother so that myself and my children had somewhere to live. Time has moved on and I have married and am looking forward to a better future but she is being very spiteful towards my family. I want to move on but have no money for a deposit on a new property. Was it legal for her to force me to sign over my part of the property when I was on medication and obviously in a reduced mental state?
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Did you obtain legal advice when you transferred the property? Was the paperwork done by a solicitor? How much did your mother pay?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did not obtain legal advice, I dont really remember signing over the paperwork due to the medication that I was on at the time. I think that the paperwork was done by a solicitor? but I dont really know, I dont have a copy. My mother did not pay me anything? is that what you mean by pay? She made an agreement with the mortgage company to clear the arrears monthly alongside paying the mortgage.Since she forced me to sign to paperwork she has been using my "rental money" to pay the mortgage and I believe that she adds to the amount to top up the payment. It is a weird situation as we all live at the property. My husband,myself and my two children live in the bottom part of the bungalow. My Mother and her husband live in a loft conversion. We share a front door but have two other doors to access our respective areas

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

for Alice H - I did not obtain legal advice, I dont really remember signing over the paperwork due to the medication that I was on at the time. I think that the paperwork was done by a solicitor? but I dont really know, I dont have a copy. My mother did not pay me anything? is that what you mean by pay? She made an agreement with the mortgage company to clear the arrears monthly alongside paying the mortgage.Since she forced me to sign to paperwork she has been using my "rental money" to pay the mortgage and I believe that she adds to the amount to top up the payment. It is a weird situation as we all live at the property. My husband,myself and my two children live in the bottom part of the bungalow. My Mother and her husband live in a loft conversion. We share a front door but have two other doors to access our respective areas

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
time frame is misleading