75100385

My husband and I were coerced into buying a productfrom Eze

My husband and I were coerced into buying a productfrom Eze Group although we haven't paid any money yet except for £50 which they took off us as a deposit ( this was our spending money). There was no cooling off period and they have now written to us saying they want £15000 off us within 7 days. We tried to get a loan to pay this product which we do not want but we have hgeen refused. They have now threatened us with a court order for this money. Help pleadevas this is making me feel very sick
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this..
Did you order this at home please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No - my husband was cold called while I was at work and he was offered a holiday for £149.00 providing we attended a presentation lasting 90 minutes maximum.

We arrived in Tenerife and was asked to present ourselves at Eze Groups office (which was situated on the complex where we were staying) where we were then very strongly persuaded to buy their product. We eventually signed up for it simply to get away - we were there from 10:30am - 3:45pm. We'd bith had enough by then.

Was this for timeshare? When did you sign, when did he try to cancel?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No it was for a holiday club. We signed 19 March 2015 but we have not tried to cancel it as we were told at the time there was no colling off period. Their legal officer informed us of that whilst I was actually signing the document.

What country does it say the agreement is governed by?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not sure without checking the agreement which I can't do at the moment as I'm in work but I would say Tenerife?

Ok. If that is the case it can't be enforced here. Tenerife is not part of the EU and therefore can not claim against you.
If they do try to issue proceedings you can refuse to pay and say its outside the jurisdiction. There is nothing they can do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sould I respond to their letter informing them of this?
What if it is not governed by Tenerife and it is a EU conuntry? Can they still chase us for the money?

If they are in the EU then they could chase you for the money. But you could defend any claim by saying you should have had cooling off period and signed under duress.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I thought that in Tenerife they didn't have a cooling off period and that it was only a regulation in the UK?

That is correct. But if its EU that applies then you get a cooling off period.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.