75100385

I am to be evicted in the morning.I appealed today and have

I am to be evicted in the morning. I appealed today and have a hearing with high court in the morning. this is my third time in court I have not yet parked anything I am overwhelmed. My mortgage is £281, 000, my property is worth £520,000. My arrears are £18,500.

I am still in employment but had to reduce my hours due to sickness

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Is this commercial or private property? Was there a possession order, if so was it suspended?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is private. there was a possession and it was suspended yes.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Did you not keep up with the possession payments as ordered?
Have you had previous stays of eviction?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have had x1, last year April I think. It is confusing, That's when the possession order was suspended.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I assume you breached it?
What is the current monthly instalment?
How many months is left on the term? What did you offer the court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. I did.

The current monthly instalment is £1061. Arrears repayment was £250

Term has 7 years left.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
On what basis was it dismissed!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sorry that was meant to be a ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The judge said it was because I had failed to continue making the payments as order in April 2014.

I did make payments of £1061 plus £250 per month until January 2015.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Why didn't you keep up payments as ordered since April 2014?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Due to illness my salary was reduced in May 2014. But It is due to go up end of May when my hours increase again.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to show that you can pay the arrears over a reasonable time. Usually it should be 3 years so you would need to maintain cmi plus £18,500 over 3 years which is £514. This is the best option.
There is also the Norgan legal principle which is cmi plus £18,500 over the remaining term which would be £225 per month.
This can be accepted but it would be your final bite of the cherry. This is called the Norgan minimum and you need to refer to this in your appeal. Clearly if you can pay the shortfall of arrears since the April 2014 order this will help you tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes please. Just a couple of points:

Do you mean I should offer to the what is pending since January= £1250, and the ask the judge for the Norgan minimum from tomorrow onward?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You should try and pay what you missed tomorrow. And then the Norgan minimum onwards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just the arrears.

Or arrears plus the repayment total of £5,300 as well?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Arrears plus £5300
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Alex. That has been very helpful.

Is possible for me to save the discussions we had had. Need to read through them again as I prepare my statement?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Once your rate you can print this off or come back to the question at any time.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok. Thank you. I will do that.

Bye,

Mary.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?