12826847

I was recently browsing an online dating app and someone

hi,
I was recently browsing an online dating app and someone on there invited me to their house. I went only to find out the person using the account was a fake and maliciously giving out the address of someone else. The people at the address informed me that it has been happening very frequently and there is an ongoing police investigation regarding the issue. They photographed me as they had been told to by the police and I told them I would help in any way I could. I have reported the incident to the non emergency police line who replied by telling me they were aware of the issue and the investigating officer may be in contact in the future should it be neccessary. Is this all I would need to do? Am I in trouble too? Understandably the people at the address were disturbed, upset and angry, but their attitude towards me made me feel like it was my fault. And whilst I do empathise with them, I was also mislead by this person, and now I feel like the criminal. Please help.
What would you like to know please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have I done anything wrong?

Not on these facts.
If there is any form of harassment then it is not of your creation and you were only an innocent agent.
The officer may want a statement from you but it seems to me that your account can be checked against the written communications and then there is no case to answer.