75100385

My dad has outstanding 17500 on his credit card. its not

hi my dad has outstanding 17500 on his credit card. its not hs debt but my sister used it and now does not want to pay. i undrstand my dad is responsible and he has agreed to pay but he cant afford the minimum payments as they are 420 pounds a month and he only gets 700 pounds a month on benefit. he is unemployed he has never had a bad credit. the card is in his name wth barclay card and he also banks with them but the current account is jointname wth my mum. can brycrd tk money from his current account even thiugh it is in mymums name as well as his. if he calls and makes a longterm payment plan wll that make the credit crd company happy. he wants to pay but can afford the high payments
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to check the terms but if the Barclaycard is in his name then he is liable for the debt as you know. If there is a current account then Barclaycard can take money from the account as it is joint money.
Check the terms and conditions of the card, but they can do this, I am sorry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

if he makes the payment plan then would they still take money from his current account

No, that would be safe.
Does that help?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.