Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I'm afraid my brother will end up staying in that house not

I'm afraid my brother will end up staying in that house not paying bills and when I go to court to force the sale that will wipe me out. You just wouldn't believe the amount of benefits he has taken over the years, far more than he has worked
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks for your understanding. Obviously you will need to be cautious with regards ***** ***** flow. Bear in mind you do have an asset at the other end of the claim so you will not be out of pocket at the end of the process but clearly as above, you need to ensure that you do not run short of cash during the application process itself. There are a number of ways you can consider funding such an application: you could take out a personal loan or overdraft to give yourself some breathing room; you could contact a solicitor if you intend to use a solicitor who is prepared to work on a contingent fee basis - i.e. take their fee if you are successful from the sale proceeds if the property is sold or take out legal insurance to cover legal costs - some firms offer this product. if you are using a solicitor, you can discuss funding of the applcation before you begin.