Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Me again, is there any reason why my brother could stop

Hello, me again, is there any reason why my brother could stop the sale of the house, say because he had mental troubles. I did want the house fixed up but it's seems so impossible now.
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. Could I trouble you to kindly provide a rating for the last question yuo opened before we start the above new one - I only receive credit if a rating is submitted. You can find your opend questions via your customer home page. I'd be very grateful.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where would I get this insurance, would it be from the bank ? How on earth would he get the money, may be benefits money.

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks. mental difficulties would at best afford him a temporary stay (extension) but not by anythng significant at best. He cannot prevent a sale as he has no legal right to delay a sale and hold your equity effectively hostage. Nor can he insist that a sale is delayed to enable the property to be improved before sale. You can either look to offer a market value for his share in the current state and then take the property yourself to improve and benefit from the profit you make or you can insist the property is sold in its current state on the open market without improvement.Which insurance do you refer to above - legal insurance?