75100385

Our local working men's club started a card system for

Customer Question

our local working men's club started a card system for members only to be used when purchasing drinks I have just realised that this card connects to the computer and registers every purchase and calculates the amount you are spending and if you ask for a receipt the total from day one is on the bottom does this infringe my human rights under the data protection act we were not informed of this before the card system was introduced

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
In short no. Human rights only applies to public or government bodies. As for data protection its no difference from having a Tesco Clubcard, they can see what you are buying and how much you are spending.
They will have to keep the data secure and won't be able to disclose it to anyone without permission.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am not sure this is the same as Tesco the card does not give you points or cash back it is to identify you as a club member instead of the usual paper card when applying for the card you were not told that your spending will be kept on record
They can keep the data they just can't use it