31090051

I have installed a camera security system client,

Customer Question

I have installed a camera security system for a client, the system is fine apart from when rain gets on the lens. unfortunately, there isn't an external camera in the world that won't be obscured by a little rain unless you get a very expensive one with wipers which he was not going to pay for as it was too expensive. We have accommodated his whims, changed cameras when he wasn't happy, moved things around, sent him pictures of the same camera fitted on others sites etc, but now he has said that he wants the system taken out and his money refunded in full. Do we have to do this when we have fitted the system to his spec, and if I do, then can I deduct the labour fees seeing as I have spent many hours working for a client that has been very difficult. I couldn't have been more accommodating.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You don't have to refund him, nor do you need to do anything else for him. The system works therefore there is no issue or breach of contract from your side. It sounds that you have already accommodated him more than you have to.
I would not pander to him any longer.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was very angry when I responded to this client last night, and I did say that I would remove the equipment and give him his money back. Does this affect my rights now to withdraw this offer? The system does exactly what the spec requested, so I see no reason why it cannot remain in situe?

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
No, just say you have taken advice on this and you are not going to deal with him further.