75100385

We want to build a house on land that has been in our family

we want to build a house on land that has been in our family for generations. But a local builder has a 'ransom strip' across it.
What do we do?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I'm ok in waiting for an answer.

Please carry on searching for a Professional that can help us.

Best Regards, Karen.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know whether he is willing to sell it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We are having trouble trying to speak to someone at the builders. It is rather a large company.

Have you had solicitors write?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

I would get solicitors to write first of all. The company should then respond. If they do not then sadly you can't force them to sell it to you. People do buy strategic pieces of land. But get a solicitor to write as that can't be ignored and can progress matters.
You may have to pay a premium for the strip but there is law about how that is calculated. But get a soldier to write.
Sorry to say u can't really offer much more than that as that is the legal position.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for that.

We have got access rights, so could we still be allowed to build a house if they won't sell?

Sadly not. All you could do is take them to court and even then a judge won't necessarily order they sell it.
I am sorry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thank you

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience