12826847

I have been charged with drink driving - I presume I will be

I have been charged with drink driving - I presume I will be banned - I was 78 mill. My husband and son have epilepsy , if my husband was to have another fit we would both be non drivers, we live in a village and my only way to work is in a car. What is the likely ban? Is there any point with the above info appealing - and can I ask to do a drink drive course to lessen the sentence?
Is this 78 in breath I presume?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
78 m is not the highest reading but it is not the lowest either.
The guidelines says 17-22 months on a first offence.
You can ask for the drink driving course to reduce the ban by one quarter if you do it within the specified time which is obviously a useful reduction given the length of this ban.
Sadly, a ban is mandatory for drink driving and there is no exceptional hardship test Im afraid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am expecting a ban - I just wondered if the length is altered at all due to circumstances? And if I am working with children will this show up as a conviction on my record?
No.
It is affected by the aggravating and mitigating factors of the offence but not of the offender.
The conviction will show up as you will be enhanced checked but it will not have any impact on that type of work as it doesn't endanger children.