12826847

CFAI am in a CFA with my solicitors and barrister and was

Customer Question

CFA
I am in a CFA with my solicitors and barrister and was told this would change nothing in terms of the service i would receive.
More recently they mention that some costs may not be recoverable and i would be liable. For instance we had a meeting arranged for this week, i spent a lot of time preparing and then they write to me (giving one days notice) saying we should meet some other time when we may have heard back from a letter we had sent out.
They say it will avoid some duplication but i have been waiting a long time for this meeting, prepared extensively and needed answers. Any advice?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this,
On what basis would you be liable for the costs?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They say a judge only typically orders 70-75% of costs are recoverable from the other side in winning and any shortfall I would need to pay
Also they said any duplication or repetition or wastage generally wouldn't be should a judge consider something should be ruled out
What do the terms and conditions say about costs please?