12826847

II am writing to you as flights I booked with a major airline

Customer Question

iI am writing to you as flights I booked with a major airline through an online travel agent has rescheduled this flight by a whole 24 hours to departing 24 hours later and returning 24 hours later than originally scheduled.
This gives me an unfortunate problem. The flights I have booked are part of my Fiancé and my honeymoon. We have booked a flight especially to fly to the departing airport the day before our scheduled flight. We will now be arriving at the departing airport a day early.
We have booked our honeymoon hotel from the 25th of August until the 1st of September as we were expecting to arrive on these dates. Due to the flight change we do not know if we will be able to stay at the hotel on the night of the 1st of September as we have no reservation. Furthermore, we have already paid for the night of the 25th of August which we will now not be able to use as the airline has change the flight to the 26th of August.
We are finishing our honeymoon with a trip to another destination. We have an early morning flight booked for the 2nd of September. We will now miss this flight due to the change in the itinerary. We have also already paid for our accommodation at this destination. We will not be able to use this accommodation for at least one night as we will only be arriving on the 2nd of September when we were expecting to arrive on the 2nd of September.
We are struggling to find other airlines who fly to the original destination on our original dates. The nearest flight we can get departs on the 23rd of August and departing on the 30th of August. This means we will have to spend 2 days waiting at an airport hotel for our flight on the 2nd of September.
As you can see the change has negatively affected my honeymoon a great deal. I am wondering if I have any legal means of redress or any claim to compensation from the airline or online travel agent?
Thank you for your help
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Do you have travel insurance please?