12826847

Joshua I have just sent a question I need answering

Customer Question

Hi Joshua I have just sent a question I need answering
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hi there - it is a famly law question which I do not specialise in. My colleagues Claire or Stuart will be able to assist - I am not sure they are online right now but they will no doubt respond when they next are likely later today. I hope that is ok.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am RECENTLEY DIVORCED .WHEN MY EX WIFE ASKED ME TO LEAVE THE MARITAL HOME 2011 WE SIGNED AN AGREEMENT WHICH STATES I WOULD GET 40% OF THE NET PROFIT FROM THE SALE OF THE HOUSE WE SIGN THIS AGREEMENT ON THE UNDERSTANING IT WOULD SAVE ON SOCLITORS COSTS .WHEN MY EX WIFE APPOARCH ME LAST YEAR FOR A DIVORCE I ASKED HER AGAIN TO UPDATE THE AGREEMMENT AND TO HAVE THIS WITTNESSED BY HER BROTHER. SHE IS NOW SELLING THE HOUSE HAS MY STEP DAUGHTER IS MOVING TO UNIVERSITY AND IS COMBINING THE PROFIT FROM THE HOUSE TO MOVE IN TO A NEW HOUSE WITH HER MOTHER AND MY 13 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AND IS REFUSING TO HONOUR THE AGREEMENT . MY PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES ARE THAT I LIVE IN A 1 BEDROOM HOUSE I WORK AND PAY MAINTAINACE I AM A WHEELCHAIR USER AND I WOULD LIKE MY DAUGHTER TO STAY WITH ME OVERNIGHT THIS MONEY WOULD HAVE ENABLED ME TO RENT A 2 BEDROOM APPARTMENT .CAN YOU TELL ME IF THE AGREEMENT WOULD BE LEGALLY BINDING AND GIVE FURTHER ADVICE

Optional Information:
System of Law: England-and-Wales

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Your original question is showing. Someone should be in touch a little later today.Best wishes