13262538

I got divorced in 2003 - I have since remarried. I am 55 and

I got divorced in 2003 - I have since remarried. I am 55 and have a final salary pension scheme. A pension sharing order was made on my pension, following the divorce, but never carried through because my ex-wife did not provide the necessary information/fee to the pension administrators. She has now decided to accept a cash sum - from an AVC which I am able to cash in - as a final settlement, rather than a share of my main pension. Do I need to take action to overturn the original pension sharing order, which has now been dormant for 11 years?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
For your security - and that of your current wife, yes you should submit a Consent Order to the court dealing with the Variation
This will be a relatively simple matter - but it will ensure that no further claims can be made.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare -

Thanks for your reply. Could you please outline how I should proceed with this - is this something I can do myself, or does it require a solicitor?

Tony Burt

It would be sensible to have a solicitor draft the Order - simply to ensure that you are fully protected.
It should not cost more than say £200 if you both agree the figures - get a fixed quote before you start