12826847

My sons audi S3 broke down on the motorway 3 weeks ago. Audi

Customer Question

My sons audi S3 broke down on the motorway 3 weeks ago. Audi told us that he must of being over reeving it and that it would need a complete new engine, but they would send there findings to audi uk for analysis. they have since come back and said that it was a fault of the cam shaft and nothing to do with the driver. Audi have now said that they will go 50x50 with the cost of the engine. How can it be that he has to pay anything towards the costs when it is clearly a bad fault with the audi engine. Car is 08 plate 58000 miles Full service history with audi and has always being well looked after
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jo

I was just trying to get a feel on weather this case would be worth taking up with a lawyer or a lawyers letter, as a new engine is around £6000 and audi admit it was a fault with the engine yet they want us to pay half the costs

Ok.
When did he buy it please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just over a year ago

What did he pay for it please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

£16000

Surely if this is a secondhand sale you didn't buy it from Audi but from a dealer?