Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Good morning, I am in the final stages of selling my apartment

Good morning, I am in the final stages of selling my apartment with a one week deadline to exchange contracts to prevent the chain of 5 collapsing. I discovered, yesterda, from my local council, that my apartment block which was build 10 years ago hasn't been "signed off". I am at my wits end. Can this complication be easily remedied?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Do you know if your Buyer is having a Mortgage?

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes they have a mortgage in place

Thanks for your reply.

Your Buyers Solicitor (who I assume is aware of this problem) are under a duty to disclose to the Mortgage Lender if planning permission or Building Regulations have not been granted for a property.

Therefore, to enable matters to proceed, you are going to have to ask the Building Control officer to come out to the property, to enable the Completion Certificate to be issued. They will be holding records of the initial Building Regulations approvals, so they shouldn't have too much problem in issuing the completion certificate. However, this may all take time and it will be touch and go whether they are able to inspect this week. All you can do is plead with them to see if someone can go out and inspect this week.

I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.

Good luck.

Al

Can I assist you any further?

Kind Regards

Al