12826847

I was clay pigeon shooting and person came up my drive yelling

I was clay pigeon shooting and person came up my drive yelling that I was spooking his horses. He left thn about 40 minutes later the police turned up at my house, confiscated my gun and license and said that the guy claimed he had been hit by a pellet and that his caravan window had also been damaged. He had not mentioned this when he came up the drive and also as soon as he came we stopped shooting and put the trap away. By the time the police arrived we had put the trap away. Have I done nothing criminal? Will the guy be able to fire a personal injury claim and if o or how much? Th air ambulance came and checked him out and left but didn't take him to hospital.
He might have a claim but it would not be a huge sum. You only get compensation for your actual injuries in the UK and pellets don't cause significant injury. Unless he is going to say he was blinded or something similar the claim would not exceed a couple of hundred pounds.
If it doesn't exceed £1000 then he will have to pay court costs as a no win no fee firm will not be interested. Court costs are not substantial but having to pay anything at all does make people think about the merits of their claim.
It is a great shame that people don't have to pay to call the police. In my opinion we would never again hear about domestic violence if they did.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have I done anything criminal? I don't believe I have but what is your opinion?
Not on the basis of this information but obviously firearm licences can be revoked for reasons other than you actually committing an offence.
Even a mere allegation is usually enough.