75100385

I received a hotel booking weeks from an American

I received a hotel booking for five weeks from an American agency stating they were responsible for payment etc, Their customer's colleagues were staying twelve miles away and after talking to the new arrival it was obvious he wanted to be with his friends but couldn't get in to where his friends were for five weeks.
An e-mail arrived shortening his stay by four days from the agency and the guest confirmed this, however he checked out the next day.
The agency say they got the month wrong but after speaking to the guest there was no inkling he was leaving the next day.
The agency now say they will only pay for four days, and I believe they are in breach of contract although at this stage I havn't mentioned it.
I am the only loser in this scenario as I turned away prospective guests.
I am prepared to offer a settlement figure for loss of business, where do I stand in this matter, whilst it is awkward that the agency is American are they required to honour their booking
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
How did you pay for the booking please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

By card

Credit or debit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

debit

The company you paid is in the USA, thats right?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The company that made the booking was American, no money has changed hands

Ok. Then you should cancel your debit card so they can not take anything.
They should honour the booking but the problem arises if they don't - what do you do then? They are based in the USA and you would have to sue for breach of contract there. If you can get an alternative provider I would explore that.
However with companies based outside the EU is difficult because any breach of contract or loss is very difficulty and expensive to enforce.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.