How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Can I postpone a small claims hearing due to illness? Currently

This answer was rated:

can I postpone a small claims hearing due to illness? Currently signed off sick due to anxiety and agrophobia and social phobia
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Do you have a fit not to say you are unable to attend Court?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A fit? I am sorry I do not understand

Do you have a GP note that says you are unable / unfit to attend Court?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been signed off by the doctor with a certificate for the last four months, just reviewed for a further 6 months

Does it say you are unfit to attend Court though?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no, it says I am unfit to work due to agrophobia, severe anxiety disorder etc etc .... do I need to ask for one specifically for the court?

You can only apply to adjourn if you have a note that says you are unfit to attend Court. Therefore you may need to go back to the GP and get this. If not then the Court is unlikely to adjourn.
If you do get the note then you need to apply on form N244 which is a cost of £50. This can be found at:
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.