Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Is it possible to contest the validity of a Will when the executor

Is it possible to contest the validity of a Will when the executor has proved to be a liar and a thief but not in the context of the Will itself where the 'proof' is circunstantial
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I am afraid that a party can only contest a Will if they have reason to believe it has been executed incorrectly or fraudulently.

The fact that the Executor may be of bad character has no significance to he Will itself.

Therefore, you wouldn't have grounds to contest the Will because of the character of the Executor.

I hope this clarifies the position to you. If so, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Kind Regards

Al