75100385

I purchased a new Mercedes SL050 November 2013. May of 2014

Customer Question

I purchased a new Mercedes SL050 November 2013. May of 2014 car started going into the stall mode for no reason. I took it to our local Mercedes garage and reported the problem. They keep the car that day and call me back to collect it because they could not find any thing wrong with it. Two months later the same thing happened and I returned it back to the local Mercedes garage. Same as before, I saw informed they could not fine anything wrong with the can. This has happened four time since May 2014. The car is back at the local Mercedes garage for the same problem and once again claim no defect can be found. Now the dealer in which I purchased the car, is offering to take the car back in on a trade in for a alterative replacement. I paid £70k+ for this car and I still own £25K+ on it, but now the dealer in which I purchased the car want me to look it new cars in range of £35K. I believe I am being ripped off here. Can you help?
Best regards
Bill Terry
***@******.***
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you had a second opinion please? Did you take it on finance with Mercedes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No second opinion and yes mercedes finance

You need to get a second opinion. They may be able to tell you what the problem is. However the good news is that the finance company is jointly liable under section. 75 of the consumer credit act.
So if you need to sue for breach of contract, ie compensation then you can sue both the dealer and Mercedes fiancé. You should also speak with Mercedes finance as they should assist in sorting out the problem.
Therefore if there is going to be a shortfall the dealer and Mercedes should sort it out. It is breach of contract.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can not get a second opinion, ***** ***** owns all of the Mecedes dealership in the north east of Scotland,

Ok - then you may need to get an independent Court approved expert. There are many on google.
Get an expert report, it will examine the car, see what is wrong and what should be done to fix it.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have never heard of a independent court approved expert, what do they do?

Bill

They can provide an expert report should the matter go to court. It's court approved.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.