31090051

IF I HAVE TO GO INTO A CARE HOME , HOW DO I PREVENT MY HOME

IF I HAVE TO GO INTO A CARE HOME , HOW DO I PREVENT MY HOME BEING USED AS PAYMENT FOR MY CARE, ??
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YES I WILL WAIT THANK-YOU

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OKAY THANK YOU.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
What age are you?
What is your current state of health?
Does anyone else own the house with you?
Does anyone else live with you?
What family do you have?
What other assets do you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

73--good-- no--yes my son and his wife--one son one daughter--£40k in bank-no other assets.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
As your health is good you should consider transferring the house to your children or placing it in a family trust for the better management of your affairs.
The local authority would be concerns about depravation of assets but as you already have money in the bank and there no sign of your health failing, ther is no reason why you can't transfer assets at this stage. Different if you were in imminent need of care.
The argument is that you want your children to have the burden of caring for the house for the benefit of the family as a whole.
But do it now. The longer that you have your health and don't need a care home, the more likely the house will be disregarded.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.