75100385

Is it worth me getting representation when i go to court for

Is it worth me getting representation when i go to court for a drink driving offence, keeping in mind I wasn't caught but by chance the police stopped to inspect my vechicle whilst I went to organise a tow and had a drink whilst at home on my return the police where present,no one was hurt, no other vehicles was damaged, apart from mine which hit a lamp post as I swerved to avoid what I thought was a fox, it was about ten o'clock and raining. What do you think? Also on all the documents they provided me my name is ***** ***** and date of birth is wrong
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is the exact charge please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Drive motor vehicle when alcohol level above limit. Section 5 (1) (A) and Schedule 2 to the road Traffic Offenders Act 1988
What was the reading please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
73
Do you accept you were over the limit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, when asked to sign the statement at the scene I refused, I have not signed anything stating I was over the limit whilst driving the two pints I had before the accident where over a three hour period after the accident when I went to my cousins who lived around the corner to organise the tow I was in a state of shock at which point I begin to drink heavily, (vodka)
Ok. Then you need to plead not guilty. The police will then have to prove that you were drunk whilst at the wheel. If they can not then you will be not guilty.
But they need to prove you are guilty and behind the wheel whilst drunk. Just because your name is ***** ***** does not invalidate proceedings.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
From your experience how likely is that they can prove I'm guilty? And do you suggest I take some representation with me on the hearing?
Yes get representation. I can't tell if you are guilty as I have not seen all the evidence. But yes if they did not catch you driving and indeed you did not drive then you are not guilty.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.