12826847

We are a small accountancy practice operating from home. One

Customer Question

We are a small accountancy practice operating from home. One of our clients whose company is registered at our address is being pursued by Barnet Council for unpaid council tax of about £5K. A Bailif has been appointed with Court Orders to remove goods from our premises at 6 am tomorrow morning. Is the bailiff legally entitled to enter our premises and remove goods which do not belong to the client? What can we do to stop this from happening?
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Was the original claim form sent to your address? Have you contacted the bailiff company?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The claim was sent to our address as our client's company, as another 200 other companies, are registered at our address. We have contacted the Bailiff and initially he responded that the Court Order was against the property at our address. We asked him to email us the Court Order but he replied that he is prevented from doing so under the Data Protection Act. Thankfully the Bailiff texted us last night to say that he is going to hold off action to have time to liaise with his clients and that he will call us this afternoon.

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
OK
Thanks for the update. Please let me know if I can assist any further.