13262538

How to write a character reference to individual for

Customer Question

How to write a character reference for an to individual for Family Court to enable access and contact. A template would really be helpful if possible. Many thanks for your assistance.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What is the actual dispute between the parents and what is your evidence meant to assist with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The young man is 30 years old, he has a 3yr son but is no longer in a relationship with the child's mother. Attempts to have contact has been sporadic ie 20 minutes only. Young man used to smoke cannabis in the past but now ceased and has had a conviction for growing cannabis. He has learnt his lesson there are no issues of safeguarding re: child albeit mother has made allegations.Young man comes from a stable family and has cared for his mother after her accident. He has also taken his nieces to and from school and cared for them whilst his sister has been at work. He is actively seeking work . He has a caring nature and has no issues of violence. He is taking mother of his child to family court and representing himself as he wants to be an active participant in son'so up bringing and wants consistent contact with the view to eventually having over night access. He currently resides within the family home and wants his son to get to know his grandparents ,uncles,aunts and cousins. The impact of the sporadic contact upsets him and his only desire is to have a joint responsibility for the nurturing of son . I have known the young man since he was a child and seen first hand his caring nature and the stability his parents have provided the entire family . He has been raised to take responsibility for his actions , the ethos of the parents centres around family, moralsupport, hard work and providing and supporting family.

If you require any further details please contact me. I was unable to respond previously as last week plus the week l am involved in family funerals.

June

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It is not usual to have Character References in such proceedings.
Could you ask the young man what statements he has actually been ordered to provide?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He has been asked to provide a Character reference which he has asked me to complete. I'm aware he will have to provide a drugs test . I will email him regarding if there's any other report requests. He will be representing himself in court, as he feels this is the only solution to have enable him access.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Has he already had a first hearing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Clare, l have contacted the young man... he has not submitted form as yet so therefore a first hearing has not taken place.

Additional information l have obtained from him :-

Convincton for cannabis - sentenced 70 hrs Voluntary work which has been completed.

No domestic violence or safeguarding issues around children.

No longer cannabis user.

Impact of being left to the whims of his child's mother as to when he can have contact and phone contact; has given him anxiety and stress. He was prescribed medication now no longer needed. Referral to Healthy Minds, which he attended and provide strategies to alleviate his anxiety and stress. Medical evidence of this on record.

He has learnt his lesson re: conviction and has takeno full responsibility for his actions. Has turned his life around and wants to a be a responsible Co parent to son.

Decided to utilise the Family Court as an equitable way of resolving contact issues as opposed to been in dispute with child's mother. Prepared to attend contact centre and eventually overnight access in the future. This is the only child he has and wants the chance to be there throughout his life , just like his own father has been there for him.

Clare, l need to write the reference citing these issues so the judge can see even though he has made mistakes in life he has taken responsibility for the consequences of his actions. Also that he takes his parental issues seriously and should be afforded the opportunity to be a part of son'so life. He has already missed out on some of his sons developmental mile stones and does not want to miss out any further. I would appreciate your assistance to enable me to provide a reference which will be seriously considered for this young man. He has been honest to me and is actively seeking work and future accommodation. He has qualifications and l have encouraged him to continue education, training and employment so he can be a productive citizen and parent. I applaud him for not walking away from his son.

Hope above information helps. Sorry for delay however l'm co_ordinating family funeral and finalising everything for the service tomorrow.

Looking forward to your response and assistance.

June

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for your loss - this must be a difficult time for you.
In fact no you do not need to write a reference at all.
It will not be read and will be of no use at all AT THIS STAGE.
What is necessary is your ongoing support and encouragement - and possibly a willingness to attend hearings with him so that he feels supported in the court setting which is a very alien environment.
The law says that a child is entitled to ocntact with both parents if it can be managed safely and clearly this young man is realistic and understands that there will be a slow build up of contact as the relationship grows.
If he has not already done done so he must attend a Mediation Information and Assessment meeting with a family mediator
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
Once that is out of the way he will have the necessary form to apply to the court.
At the first hearing the court will decide what statements are needed and from whom - and that may be when you need to assist
Please ask if you need further details