75100385

HelloThe age in my passport is wrong and I am using it This

hello
The age in my passport is wrong and I am using it This is because renewal cam back with wrong age I travel about a lot and hence enever found the time interval to surrender my passport for correcction
how can i resolve this
Hello my name us Alex and I will help you.
Do you have a day when you are not travelling please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

of course

what are you asking?

In reality it is not going to make any difference having a different date of birth. But clearly if you want a correct passport it should be replaced free of charge.
I only ask if you are free as it may well be you can make an appointment to go to the passport office to have a new one produced while you wait. If you travel a lot it is unfair to get you to surrender it, wait and then get a new one. They should expedite it for you.
So you will need to make an appointment to go to the passport agency to get a replacement. If you do not want to then you can just keep this one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what questions will they ask?

will I require qny documents?

I do not have birth certificate. I have the date of birth in my General Medical Council certificate and the employers have my correct date of birth

Can this cause any serious problems?

You may need to get a copy birth certificate. I think it's only around. £10
I don't know what questions they would ask - government departments are mysterious places. Having a wrong date of birth shouldn't cause problems, but when you fill out a landing card, you need to make sure it's the same!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hope you are reading

I just wrote I do not have a birth certificate. I was born in India in 1951 They never had birth certificate. I have been a British Citizen since 1986. I have no Indian passport nor nationality since then. The date in my passport got distorted. I used the passport DOB in my DBS because I thought they will check through the passport

I am worried it may lead to a serious pproblem but I have not used it for any ill purposes. My DOB is Mar 4 1951

In the passport it is Mar 4 1954

At employment I have the correct date

I spoke to a lawyer here but he said it doesnt really matter

Please asnwer.

Oh I see, I thought you had just lost it. If you have any documents to show its what you say then that may be accepted. They cant make you produce one if you do not have it.
As I said, you may wish to risk not having it corrected but to remember when you complete landing cards.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you in UK or USA? Time shows you are in USA

Your answers are not the least satisfactory

You are talking very general and you do not know the rules in UK

How can an American solicitor answer questions applying to UK?

I want to speak to a lawyer who knows the regulations in UK and can answer very specifically

Time shows USA as its a USA site, but I am based in the UK.
I am a UK Solicitor which has been verified by the site.
You have rated BAD SERVICE - what else is it you would like to know?
Are you able to respond?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Subsequent to your advice I went to the passport office with documents other than a birth certificate but they did not accept. I told them there is absolutely no way I can produce a birth certificate because in early fifties there was no such thing in India.
This has happened twice with passport office . They will not accept anything other than birth certificate and if input down date of birth as anything different from passport in renewal application my passport cannot be renewed and then I am stuck.
I never had a birth certificate to register with GMC or for that matter anything in the Uk or for that matter even in India before 1978 when I immigrated to uk
What do I do?
If there is no likelihood of getting into trouble, I do not care. The passport office now knows I am not concealing this
Please comment asap so I can authorise your fees
Their own policy states
Where an applicant is unable to provide a birth certificate and there is a plausible explanation, discretion may be used in accepting other documents providing birth details. This discretion should be exercised carefully and account taken on the overall 'feeling' of the application. Acceptable documents for this purpose may be:
• a baptismal certificate (provided the baptism took place in early childhood)
• a letter from the applicant's doctor at the time of birth or the first/primary school attended, which provides confirmation of identity; AND,
• a letter from the GRO stating there is no trace of the birth having been registered together with evidence that the birth was likely to be in the United Kingdom.
The principle aim is for the applicant to produce some document as near as possible to the date of birth indicating that birth was likely to have been in the United Kingdom.
If the applicant is unable to produce any of the above (for example the parents were "travellers" during the applicant's childhood) this would not necessarily preclude the issue of a passport. On an exceptional basis, applications may be considered provided they are accompanied by a Statutory Declaration which has been made by either the applicant or by someone who has personal knowledge of the circumstances surrounding the applicant's birth. In the latter case, it can be expected the person making the declaration should have been old enough at the time of the birth to realise what was happening, have a reasonably reliable memory, and there is no reason to believe they will be untruthful.
It is usual for such declarations to be made by older members of the family and this is acceptable to the Identity and Passport Service (IPS). If the declaration has, however, been made by the applicant, it needs to be supported by other documentation such as a medical card, driving licence, Social Security papers or any educational diplomas/certificates which would help to verify identity.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did clarify that I was born in India in 1951., not in the UK.

I have the following

School leaving certificate (India) dated 1967

General Medical Council Registration with date of birth

UK National Insurance number with date of birth

Medical Protection Society certificate with date of Birth

I have made the stautory declaration an attahced some of the above

You are now more helpful. Please just let me know if all this should be ok and not get me into trouble

This should be ok!
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Last question

I have sent an email not a recorded delivery with scans of the documents. If you remember, I went to the passport office with original documents which I showed to them..There is a record of it as an email. Should that be enough?

I have no losses to claim.

I would take documents against just in case. They may have deleted email!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they cannot delete my email 'sent'

i will post it next week recorded delivery as well.

regards

Great! That sounds like a plan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ht
One last thong
Please tell me from your experience or after finding out reliably
Till this is sorted out will they let me use my passport because I have a lot of travel plans
You have a valid passport until it is changed.
So yes you can use it.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.