75100385

FAO Alex Watts. I have served a document through Royal Mail

FAO Alex Watts.
I have served a document through Royal Mail first class signed for delivery. The Royal Mail status shows that it has not been possible to deliver it and that a card saying that it is waiting for collection from the Royal Mail depot has been left. Is this now my bit done? What if the intended recipient does not collect the letter from the depot?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is the letter for please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is a copy of the original civil claim form and I need to send a Certificate of Service to the Court

All you need to show is that you posted it first class. That is enough.
It is deemed served 2 working days. So you dont need to worry that it is not received just posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

To confirm, signed for delivery where I have proof of postage is sufficient. Even if the intended recipient choses not to go to the Post depot and retrieve it?

This guy has claimed that he has had his post box (he lives in a block of flats - boxes at entrance) broken into and that is the reason why maybe he didn't receive documents sent by the court.

Pete

Correct.
Deemed service is 2 working days after posting first class. You are not expected to make sure it has been delivered, only posted.
That is what the rules say.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry about this but still concerned.

I sent the letter first class signed for. The Defendant was not at home and Royal Mail left a card regarding collection or re-delivery. The Defendant has not picked the letter up.

Technically doe this mean that it was not delivered as the letter is not actually in the defendants post box it is with Royal Mail?

Your responsibility is to post first class. That is it, not to make sure it's delivered.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks ...... again! Pete

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.