75100385

Iv had a problem with co-op funeral care and the stone masons

Iv had a problem with co-op funeral care and the stone masons they subcontract. We waited 32wks for my late mothers grave to be put in place. After being told it would only be 12wks! It was then put in place and on placing my mother's ashes in the hole the head stone almost fell on my husband. The co-op came and layed it down the next day! It was meant to be fixed under the lowdown fixing under the NAMME fixing methods and the BS 2015 law. Co op say they use NAMME registered fixers but I have later found out they are not on the list. Only on the RQMF registered. They sent my a copy of a compliance certificate
Not the original also dated rong. They have supposed to of now fixed my mothers grave under all th rules but will not send me the photos they took to prove this? Please can you give me some advice to take this matter further. Can I go to the papers? Many thanks mrs glover
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know what is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well I'm not sure what you may know at this time re all the law's and bs 2015 but I know they have broken every health and safety issues in the book, plus duty of care. And broke all laws re Saying they are On these registrations. I would like my mums final bill wiped and an out of court settlement. I would aslo love to go to the press. Many thanks.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So I simply down load a form fill it in and send it back? Do you think by what iv said I have a case? Also do you think I need to contact trading standards? my family and my self are so unhappy with this service at such a sad time and want them to learn and not get away with this if we go to the press before court will this affect my case?

Yes that is correct. I do think you have a case and indeed they are in breach of Section 13 of the Sale and Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 by failing to act with all reasonable skill and care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thank you. Sorry so do you feel I should still go to trading standers? Please could you also tell me if you think going to the papers is a bad idea? Or would it interfere with my claim? Many thanks.

Yes you should get as much publicity, so Trading Standards, Action Fraud, Papers etc
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok fab. Well it can only make us feel better after the lack of respect for my dear mothers memory. Just one more thing can I take both parties to court?

Yes indeed you can. It does not cost any extra.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes many thanks for your help Alex. King regards ***** *****

Happy to help
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?