12826847

Previous removal & ban on re-entry

Customer Question

Immigration

I have a couple of questions relating to immigration. I hope you can help, local high street solicitors have not been able to provide anything useful.

My friend was issued a removal order in 2014 and subsequently banned from the UK (to Afghanistan) with a ban on re-entry into the UK (unsure of the length but do have those documents).

Since that time, he has arrived in Italy and attempted to claim Asylum. His attempts have been successful and after a few interim documents, he has been issued with some kind of document (Photos are below/attached) that gives him freedom to remain in Italy (and apparently travel in Schengen Europe area?) until 2020. Is he allowed to work in Italy with this document, and is he allowed to work in the rest of Europe (if indeed he can travel with it)?

I am assuming he would need to apply for a Visa to visit England(?)

My main question is - how does his previous removal and ban affect his chances of visiting his family in the UK?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

I am happy to wait.

I was thinking the question is in the wrong category? It is currently in Italy Law.

Perhaps it should be in UK Law?

I think one of our Experts saw a reference to Italy and moved the question. I will move it back to UK law.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm happy to wait a little longer in the hopes of a response.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We can leave it open for a few days and if there is no response, you can return the funds

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. Please just reply to this page if at any point you decide you would like a refund.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please go ahead and refund

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not received a refund for this yet