12826847

If I purchased a car else to use who is the registered

If I purchased a car for someone else to use who is the registered keeper but I have proof of purchase and payment am I the legal owner and able to make a claim on the car?
Did you gift it to them?
What was the arrangement?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The car was provided without any conditions, invoiced to me by a motor dealer and paid for by me, but is registered in their name as user of the vehicle and to insure. I have proof of purchase and payment. Full value £6500, part exchange of £1000 (registered user's previous vehicle, also purchased by me), cash paid £5,500. The registered user would likely argue it was a gift as there is no formal agreement or arrangement in place. A relationship of sorts exists between me and the car's registered keeper which has broken down.

Was there any arrangement that they would repay?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No arrangement to repay or any loan agreement.

Then that is a gift Im afraid. There is no way that can be sugar coated. You paid with no arrangement to repay. That is a gift.
The fact that they are the registered keeper entitles them to physical possession of the car. It doesn't mean they are the owner necessarily.
However, in this instance there is no way around the fact that this purchase was a gift and so they are the owners on your own account.
I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.