75100385

I have been questioned under caution by police about an alleged

Customer Question

I have been questioned under caution by police about an alleged assault on my daughters mother. We have not been relationship for 6 years. She claims I grabbed her by the neck in her house after I dropped some DVDs off for my daughter. She went to police the morning after I went to her house, which was 1pm in the afternoon. I didn't do this and it is my word against hers with no witnesses. I am waiting for the police/cps to decide whether I am charged. I have no prior convictions of any type. My ex however has several times complained to police for silly things such as me dropping my daughter off 10 minutes late. However she has alleged assault about 2 years ago, to cover up for her assaulting me. At that time the police came to my house and just wanted my side of the story. Can I really be charged for this alleged assault if there are no witnesses and it's my word against hers? The police say she had slight reddening to her neck, not sure if they saw it, and even if she they did have marks, she has given herself them.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this
Sadly the Police do have a policy of charging people where assaults are domestic related. If it is in the home very often it is one persons word against another. It then comes down to who performs best at Court.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.