Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Flat bought eight months ago it is leasehold, have bought an

Flat bought eight months ago it is leasehold, have bought an extension to the lease through our solicitor, landlord/leaseholder now wants to insert a clause which will mean that solicitors and money will have to be involved if we want to rent it in the future. We feel that as the property was bought with the leasehold read and agreed the present should stand unaltered. Appreciate your advise.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

The Landlord/Freeholder is not legally entitled to change the terms of the Lease retrospectively. Therefore, if there is no provision in the original Lease and no mention of it in your Lease extension, then the Landlord has no right or entitlement to request this additional provision will now apply.

I hope this assists and sets out the legal position to you.

If I can be of any more help, please let me know. If not, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Kind Regards

Al

Can I assist you any further?

Kind Regards

Al