75100385

This might see trivial compared to most breaches of human right.

Customer Question

This might see trivial compared to most breaches of human right. For 50 years we have been running a church conference in Selly Oak colleges, Birmingham, mostly at Fircroft College. We usually have one or two children, under control of their parents and with their parents. We have booking at Fircroft for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018. Last year the Fircroft management suddenly announced that they have a new policy: no one allowed on the site under the age of 19. Previously Fircroft used to run a creche themselves, and allowed us to use the room and facilities during holiday time when we hire the College for our 4 day conference. They closed their creche, and now insist that no one under 19 can be at our Conference. We have written our reasons for wishing to continue as before, but their answer is simply "no" without any explanation other than vague comments about safeguarding children, and "equity". We have offered to pay for extra insurance, extra child-proof window locks, but their answer is simply no, without any explanation that makes any sense to us. We only have a few people under 19, and there has never been any problem between us and the college as regards children.
Can equality legislation or human rights legislation apply to this? If you would like to see the three page analysis we put to Fircroft Management, we will be happy to provide it.
Many thanks, Averil & Ian McHaffie***@******.***
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Are Fircroft a public body please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please see their website. I presume they are not a public body as such, but since they talk about social justice and inclusion, and they receive government funding towards the courses they run, it seems to us that UK Human Rights and Equal Legislation should apply. They do not run our courses since we book the building for our conference, but their new age-restriction rule is forcing us to change what we do on our Programme and indirectly introducing sex discrimination since mothers will not be able to attend.

http://fircroft.ac.uk/about-us/

Do you have a number so we can chat?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, but I am going to be out now for the next three hours.

I wasn't intending to sign up for a phone chat, but the site seemed not to let me answer your request for information about Fircroft unless I clicked. It then docked more money off my credit card which I was not expecting. I originally agreed to £38, then I think it took another £35. I originally thought I was putting a request into a UK Government web site. How do I know you are not scamming me?

Because I am a genuine UK Solicitor verified by the site.
Give me your number and I will call you to discuss the case for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK I'm back home.

Best Wishes,

Ian

Please phone me on 0131(###) ###-####/p>

I will call shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry. Got another phone call a same time.

Please phone again.Best Wishes,

Ian

Trying now